By Product( Smartphone, Television, PC Monitor & Laptop, Large Format Display, Automotive Display, Tablet, Smart Wearables, Others), By Technology( LCD, OLED, Micro-LED, Direct-View LED, Others), By Display Type ( Flat Panel Display, Flexible & Foldable Panel Display, Transparent Panel Display, 3D Display), By Panel Size ( Micro displays, Small-& Medium-Sized Panels, Large-Sized Panels), By Resolution ( Lower than HD, HD, FHD, Higher than FHD), By Brightness ( Less than 500 Nits, 501–1,000 Nits, More than 1,001 Nits), By Industry ( Consumer, Automotive, Sports & Entertainment, Transportation, Retail, Hospitality, & BFSI, Industrial & Enterprise, Education, Healthcare, Military, Defence, and Aerospace, Others ), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)
Display Market is expected to reach USD 330.34 billion by 2029 in the forecasted period of 2020-2029 with a substantial CAGR of 8.28%. The growth in the display market growth during the projected period is driving huge investments in OLED displays on smartphones, enormous investment and government support in new OLED and LCD panel production facilities, and the increased demand for 4K-and 8 K displays with the availability of UHD-content.
The growth of the display panels market is also contributing considerably in terms of the growing deployment of HUDs, the displays of central stacks and of automotive instrument clusters and the emphasis on technological change and the production of energy efficient, attractive and high-end display items.
Display contains a screen, device output surface and a projection surface that shows material such as text, graphic images using a cathode ray tube, a light emitting diode, a liquid crystal display or other techniques. This can be extended to TV, computers, iPad, servers, cars and public transport, and much more.
Display Market Scope and Market Size
Display Market has been segmented on the basis of product, technology, display type, panel size, resolution, brightness, and industry.
- On the basis of Product, the Display Market is segmented into Smartphone, Television, PC Monitor & Laptop, Large Format Display, Automotive Display, Tablet, Smart Wearables, Others.
- Based on Technology, Display Market is segmented into LCD, OLED, Micro-LED, Direct-View LED, Others.
- Basis of display type, the Display Market is segmented into Flat Panel Display, Flexible & Foldable Panel Display, Transparent Panel Display, 3D Display.
- Based on panel size, Display Market is segmented into Micro displays, Small-& Medium-Sized Panels, Large-Sized Panels.
- Basis of resolution, the Display Market is segmented into lower than HD, HD, FHD, Higher than FHD.
- Based on brightness, Display Market is segmented into Less than 500 Nits, 501–1,000 Nits, More than 1,001 Nits.
- Basis of industry, the Display Market is segmented into Consumer, Automotive, Sports & Entertainment, Transportation, Retail, Hospitality, & BFSI, Industrial & Enterprise, Education, Healthcare, Military, Defence, and Aerospace, Others.
Country Level Analysis of Display Market
- On the basis of region, the Display Market is segmented into North America and South America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Middle East and Africa.
- Countries covered under North and South America region are Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Americas, along with Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe covered under Europe region and Japan, China, India, Australia, Rest of Asia-Pacific covered under Asia-Pacific region.
- During the forecast period, Asia-Pacific will account for the largest market share in the display market. In terms of production and use of display panels, Asia-Pacific is the leading region. The field has seen significant improvements in the demand for displays and rapid changes in new technology. The enormous size of the Asia-Pacific market is due to the rapid industrialization and the presence in the region of many oems and consumers. Significant contributors to the increasing display market in this area are leading companies like Samsung electronics and LG electronics based in South Korea, as well as Sony, sharp, Panasonic, and several others based in Japan.
- The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, disease epidemiology and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands impact of sales channels are considered while provided forecast analysis of the country data.
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2020, SKYWORTH has officially launched two new premium TV series, both of which will be available globally and on the U.S. market in 2020: Q91, its first 8 K TV available in the U.S. and other markets, and W81, the company's thin OLED TV wallpaper. and elsewhere markets and W81, OLED TV, an elegant wallpaper company. SKYWORTH shared details about its own technology, product engineering and architecture strategies, global market success and innovative solutions.
- In January 2020, ASUS In launching the ROG Strix XG17AHPE, ASUS plans to provide consumers with the most powerful portable monitor system currently on the market. Offering 1080p quality, 240Hz refresh rate, a 17.3′′ panel and weighing just 1KG smidgen, this is certainly an interesting proposition that seems to click a number (if not all) of the right boxes!
Competitive Analysis and Display Market Share Analysis:
Display market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of display market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Display market competitive landscape provides details by competitors. Details included are company overview which includes Company focus, business segment, product categories, revenue generated, and global presence. Display market report also provides information on recent financials and R&D expenditures over the years from 2020 to 2029.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the display market are SAMSUNG, LG Display Co., Ltd, BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd, AU Optronics Corp., Innolux Corporation, Japan Display Inc., TCL North America, Tianma Microelectronics Co., Ltd, TRULY INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LIMITED, HannStar Display Corporation., www.cecxtal.com, BOE Varitronix , eMagin, Inc., Kopin Corporation, Foxconn Electronics Inc. and many others.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved