Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market By Drug Class (Tyrosine Inhibitors, MAPK Inhibitors, Autotaxin Inhibitors, Others), Marketed Drugs (Ofev, Esbriet, Pirfenidone, Actimmune, Nintedanib, Interferon Gamma-1b, Others), Medication Type (Generics, Branded), Type (OTC, Prescription), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable), End-User (Home Healthcare, Hospitals, Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market is expected to reach USD 7.69 billion by 2029 in the forecasted period of 2020-2029 with a substantial CAGR of 13.03%. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased development of novel drugs for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatment.
The growth in the incidence of IPF is projected to drive the market. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), about 30,000 to 40,000 new cases of IPF are diagnosed each year and 100,000 people are affected in the U.S. In addition, the commercialization of new medications and the rise in the cigarette smoking population are some of the other key factors projected to drive the market growth over the forecast period.
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis diagnosis is a severe lung disease in which the lung muscles are rigid, thickened and weakened for a prolonged period of time. About 50,000 new cases of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis are reported each year. Many IPF patients begin to notice signs between 50 and 70 years of age. The prevalent rate of the disease is higher in males, but the occurrence of IPF in women is rising gradually.
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market Scope and Market Size
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market has been segmented on the basis of drug class, marketed drugs, medication type, type, route of administration, end-user, and distribution channel
- On the basis of drug class, the Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market is segmented into Tyrosine Inhibitors, MAPK Inhibitors, Autotaxin Inhibitors, Others.
- Based on marketed drugs, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market is segmented into Ofev, Esbriet, Pirfenidone, Actimmune, Nintedanib, Interferon Gamma-1b, others.
- Basis of medication type, the Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market is segmented into generics, branded.
- On the basis of type, the Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market is segmented into OTC, prescription.
- Based on route of administration, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market is segmented into oral, injectable.
- On the basis of end-user, the Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market is segmented into home healthcare, hospitals, clinics, others.
- Based on distribution channel, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market is segmented into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and online pharmacy.
Country Level Analysis of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market
- On the basis of region, the Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market is segmented into North America and South America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Middle East and Africa.
- Countries covered under North and South America region are Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Americas, along with Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe covered under Europe region and Japan, China, India, Australia, Rest of Asia-Pacific covered under Asia-Pacific region.
- In the projected year, in 2018, North America dominated the demand for IPF treatment due to high market penetration and increasing drug prices. The market is growing increasingly leading to the increased legalization of two medicines in the U.S. in 2014. In addition, the increasing prevalence of IPF is one of the major factors projected to driving the market.
- The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, disease epidemiology and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands impact of sales channels are considered while provided forecast analysis of the country data.
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2019, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, a pharmaceutical company, has confirmed the official launch, of its Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) drug in Egypt after registrating with the Ministry of Santé and Population, of its Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) drug. Treatment of IPF as a rare disease that affects around five million people in the world is of major importance if Egyptian community is to engage in awareness and educational efforts to shed light on how severely IPF is. The company works towards providing a holistic range of advanced treatment innovations that aim to enhance patients’ quality of life in Egypt and around the world.
- In November 2019, Algernon Pharmaceuticals announced plans to launch its first phase 2 clinical trial testing one of the two persistent compounds—NP-120 for the management of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) orNP-178 for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)—in the second quarter of 2020. The company plans to provide more detail on the experiment in the near future, including the drug and disease being tested, who will perform the test and where, and the approximate end date of the research.
Competitive Analysis and Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market Share Analysis:
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment Market competitive landscape provides details by competitors. Details included are company overview which includes Company focus, business segment, product categories, revenue generated, and global presence. Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatment market report also provides information on recent financials and R&D expenditures over the years from 2020 to 2029.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatment market are Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, AstraZeneca, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, INC., Trevi Therapeutics, FibroGen,Inc., TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC., Pfizer Inc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Asahi Kasei Corporation, Galapagos NV, ZAMBON COMPANY S.P.A., Novartis AG, and many others.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved