Integrated food ingredients market is expected to rise by registering a steady CAGR of 5.12% reaching 103.16 USD billion in the forecast period of 2020-2029. The potential growth in integrated food ingredients owes to factors such as busy lifestyles, increase in disposable income and growing demand of healthy and nutritious foods.
Integrated food ingredients used as a food additive may be a flavor enhancer, enhancer, texturizer, and coloring agent, or may be a preservative with Taste enhancer being most widely used ingredient. The flavor enhancers are the ingredients that enhance the taste of the food product to the desired level but it doesn't add its own flavor to the food. This important function of the flavor enhancer is used in a variety of applications, such as dairy products, beverages, savories and meat products. Food manufacturers use different types of flavor enhancers such as monosodium glutamate and calcium di-glutamate.
Integrated foods are the specific components that improve the taste and colour of the food and enhance the food's shelf-life. The integrated food ingredients do not add a flavour to the food, but they increase the flavour of the ingredients in the food. In many food products, Integrated food ingredients can be used as food additives or food conservants.
Integrated Food Ingredients Market Scope and Market Size
Integrated Food Ingredients Market has been segmented on the basis of integrated solutions and function.
- On the basis of integrated solutions segment, the integrated food ingredients market is sub segmented into bakery & confectionary, snacks & savory, dairy, beverage and meat & meat products.Beverages sub segment is further subsegmented into concentrates (juice), sweeteners, flavors, colors, preservatives, emulsifiers and acidulants in integrated where as by application it is classified into liquid key mixes, juice-based compounds (JBCS), dry key mixes and others.The snacks and savouries sub segment is further sub segmented into flavors, preservatives, fats & oils and sweeteners in the integrated whereas by application is classified into sauces, dressings & condiments (SDC), soups & bouillon and others. The dairy segment is further classified into concentrate (milk), sweeteners, flavors, starch and acidulants. The meat product sub segments is classified into binders, emulsifiers, preservatives, colors, flavors and salts in integrated whereas by application it is classified into processed meat and processed seafood. The bakery and confectionary segment is further classified into flavors, hydrocolloids and starch. Beverages holds the largest market share for integrated solutions segment due to growing consumption of vegetable juices, fruit juices and energy drinks.
- Based upon function segment, the integrated food ingredients market is sub-segmented into texture, preservation, taste enhancers, form and coloring. The taste enhancers dominates the market because of its applications in beverages, savories, and meat products.
Country Level Analysis of Integrated Food Ingredients Market
- On the basis of region, the integrated food ingredients market is segmented into North America and South America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Middle East and Africa.
- Countries covered under North and South America region are Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Americas, along with Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe covered under Europe region and Japan, China, India, Australia, Rest of Asia-Pacific covered under Asia-Pacific region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing market for integrated food ingredients in the forecast period. The processed food industry in the Asia-Pacific region is experiencing growth due to changing customer lifestyles. In addition, the processed food industry in the area is also very diverse in nature.
- The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, disease epidemiology and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands impact of sales channels are considered while provided forecast analysis of the country data.
- Increased demand for convenient and processed food will boost this market growth
- Nutrition & taste convergence will also drive the market growth in the forecast period
- Hydrocolloids multi-functionality leads to their broad application will also drive the market growth
- Technological advancement along with R&D is another factor uplifting this market growth
- Innovative integrated food products development cost higher is a factor which can hinder this market growth
- Raw material availability, storage and lack of infrastructure in developing countries is one more factor which restricts the growth of the market
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2020, European project is working on the use of side streams of seafood by creating ' new holistic process lines ' to fix the inefficiency of the supplement to seafood. This collaboration will process to use under exploited biomass in seafood production for high value products.
- In December 2019, Avebe represented the new texture solutions for herbal milk, confectionery and meat based on Food Ingredients Europe (FiE), which was held at 3 to 5 December 2019 in Paris, France. In addition, clean label solutions for a wide range of dairy applications was also showcased. Avebe's innovative plant-based concepts meet a wide range of consumer and manufacturer needs.
- In April 2019, Dua Rodas introduced dotNAT natural ingredients platform to prioritize maximum preservation of nutritional aspects and sensory characteristics of vegetables and fruits expanding its botanical extracts, flavors and dehydrated foods.
Competitive Analysis and Integrated Food Ingredients Market Share Analysis:
Integrated food ingredients market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Integrated Food Ingredients Market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Integrated food ingredients market competitive landscape provides details by competitors. Details included are company overview which includes Company focus, business segment, product categories, revenue generated, global presence. Integrated Food Ingredients Market report also provides information on recent financials and R&D expenditures over the years from 2020 to 2029.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in integrated food ingredients market are Archer Daniels Midland Company, Amway, Ajinomoto Co. Inc., Kerry Group, Associated British Foods plc, Ingredion Incorporated, DMH Ingredients Inc., Arla Foods, Cargill Incorporated, DSM, General Mills Inc., Herbalife International of America, Inc., Nestle, Hearthside Food Solutions LLC, Tate & Lyle PLC., and many others.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved