Paper Pigments Market Global Industry - By Type (Kaolin, Calcium Carbonate, Others), Application (Uncoated paper, Coated paper), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)
Paper Pigments Market is expected to rise by registering a steady CAGR of 5.75% in the forecast period of 2020-2029. The high growth of the packaging sector, along with growing restrictions on green packaging materials, is contributing to a rise in the use of paper over plastics.
This has enhanced the use of paper in packaging, which, in addition, is expected to drive the demand for paper pigments.
Paper pigments are the form of inorganic particles which are used in applications of coating and filling paper. The different pigments like calcium carbonate and titanium dioxide usages are in form of fillers in papermaking process. These pigments are further classified on the basis of colours into white, black, etc. and are available in different types such as inorganic, organic and specialty pigments.
Paper Pigments Market Scope and Market Size
Paper Pigments Market has been segmented on the basis of type and application.
- On the basis of type segment, the paper pigments market is sub segmented into kaolin, calcium carbonate and others. The kaolin sub segment is further classified into hydrous kaolin and calcined kaolin. The calcium carbonate sub segment is further classified into PCC and GCC. The others sub segment is further categorised into titanium dioxide, gypsum and talc. The calacium carbonate type sub segment is holding the largest market share as ground calcium carbonate (GCC) as it is widely used over its easy production process along with low cost. Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC) is fastest growing market as it imparts high brightness to the papers.
- Based upon application segment, the paper pigments market is sub segmented into uncoated paper and coated paper. The uncoated paper sub segment is further categorised into surface type which is further classified into laid uncoated paper, linen uncoated paper and woven or smooth uncoated paper. The coated paper sub segment is further classified into coating type which is further classified into gloss-coated paper, dull-coated paper, satin-coated paper, matte-coated paper and cast-coated paper. The coated paper segment is holding the largest market share because of its superior quality paper.
Country Level Analysis of Paper Pigments Market
- On the basis of region, the Paper Pigments Market is segmented into North America and South America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Middle East and Africa.
- Countries covered under North and South America region are Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Americas, along with Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe covered under Europe region and Japan, China, India, Australia, Rest of Asia-Pacific covered under Asia-Pacific region.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to hold the largest market share along with highest growth rate in the forecast period 2020 to 2029 because of increased business, industrialization and educational institution is going to contribute for paper and is expected to drive the market growth.
- The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, disease epidemiology and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands impact of sales channels are considered while provided forecast analysis of the country data.
- Growing demand in the developing countries will boost the market growth.
- Growing demand for paper in packaging industry is also going to drive the market.
- Sustained demand of uncoated paper will also boost the market growth.
- Growth in digitalization is hindering the market growth.
- Environmental concerns related to recycling of paper is also going to restrain the market.
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2019, BASF SE has launched new high molecular weight dispersing agent Dispex Ultra PX 4290, which has outstanding color strength with pigment stabilization and brilliant viscosity reduction. The benefits of reduced pigment loads while preserving excellent flow characteristics. Other highlights include improved brilliance, anti-influencing behavior and excellent stability of flocculation.
- In June 2019, Neenah Coldenhove is ready to launch Texcol digital pigment transfer papers which gurantees wider gamut colour with deeper and more brilliant colours.
Competitive Analysis and Paper Pigments Market Share Analysis:
Paper pigments market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of paper pigments market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Paper pigments market competitive landscape provides details by competitors. Details included are company overview which includes Company focus, business segment, product categories, revenue generated and global presence. Paper pigments market report also provides information on recent financials and R&D expenditures over the years from 2020 to 2029.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in paper pigments market are Imerys, Omya AG, Minerals Technologies Inc., BASF SE, Ashapura Group., J.M. Huber Corporation, Kemira, The Chemours Company., Thiele Kaolin Company, KaMin LLC. / CADAM, ECKART GmbH, Cabot Corporation, Sudarshan Chemical Industries Limited, Ferro Corporation, Venator Materials PLC, Aum Farbenchem., Subhasri Pigments Pvt.Ltd., LANXESS, WTi Pigments., Aditya Birla Chemicals (India) Limited, Tronox Holdings plc and many others.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved